Your privacy is important to us
2. Artisan Stone is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APP’) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
What kind of personal information does Artisan Stone collect?
4. The type of information Artisan Stone collects and holds includes (but is not limited to) personal information, including financial and other sensitive information, about:
4.1. Contact information of Clients such as full names, postal addresses, email addresses, residential and/or business addresses;
4.2. limited financial information of Clients;
4.3. access information for job sites;
4.4. financial and taxation details of employees, contractors and sub-contractors;
4.5. personal contact details of employees, contractors and sub-contractors; and
4.6. competitive quotes and referrals.
Personal Information you provide:
5. Artisan Stone will generally collect personal information held about an individual or company by way of forms filled out both electronically and in written form by employees, Clients, contractors and sub-contractors or occasionally, the information may be given orally.
Personal Information provided by insurers or third parties:
6. In some circumstances Artisan Stone may be provided with personal information about an individual or Policy Holder from an insurer or third party, for example a report provided by an assessor, auditor or specialist contractor/service provider.
Exception in relation to employee records:
How will Artisan Stone use the personal information you provide?
8. Artisan Stone uses personal information it collects in the following areas from you for:
9. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal/company information where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
10. In relation to personal information of Clients, Artisan Stone’s primary purpose of collection is to enable it to provide building services to the Client.
11. The purposes for which Artisan Stone uses personal information of Clients include:
11.1. day-to-day administration;
11.2. management of product and service supply;
11.3. site access and performance of services supplied to the Client;
11.4. progress checks and payments for products and services provided; and
11.5. to satisfy legal obligations Artisan Stone may owe to an insurer or Client.
12. Personal information about a Client may be required in order to arrange services or continue services.
13. If Artisan Stone receives unsolicited personal information, it will determine if it could have collected the information and if the information is not of the type it could have collected will, if lawful, destroy the information except if it contained in a Commonwealth record.
Job applicants, employees, contractors and sub-contractors:
14. In relation to personal information of job applicants, employees, contractors and sub-contractors, Artisan Stone’s primary purpose of collection is to assess and (if successful) to engage the applicant, employee, contractor or sub-contractor, as the case may be.
15. The purposes for which Artisan Stone uses personal information of job applicants, employees, contractors and sub-contractors include:
15.1. in administering the individual's employment or contract, as the case may be;
15.2. for taxation and insurance purposes; and
15.3. to satisfy the legal obligations of Artisan Stone, for example, in relation to WHS.
Who might Artisan Stone disclose personal information to?
16. Artisan Stone may disclose personal information, including sensitive information, held about an individual and/or Client to:
16.1. an insurer;
16.2. government departments;
16.3. medical practitioners;
16.4. people providing services to Artisan Stone including contractors and subcontractors;
16.5. Law enforcement agencies where Artisan Stone has reason to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to the business of Artisan Stone;
16.6. after hours call centre;
16.7. financial and credit institutions including, but not limited to, credit card companies and credit reporting agencies;
16.8. in order to prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety of an individual or public safety;
16.9. anyone you authorise Artisan Stone to disclose information to; and
16.10. anyone to whom we are required to disclose the information to by Law.
Management and security of personal information
17. Artisan Stone respects the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
18. Artisan Stone has procedures in place to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including locked storage of paper records and password access rights to computerised records.
19. People providing services to Artisan Stone including contractors and subcontractors agree not to disclose any personal information of Clients or individuals provided by Artisan Stone to them without first obtaining the written consent of Artisan Stone.
How does Artisan Stone deal with sensitive information?
20. ‘Sensitive information' means: information relating to a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional or trade association membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices or criminal record, that is also personal information; health information and biometric information about an individual.
21. Sensitive information will, unless you agree otherwise, be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or where the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by Law.
Access and correction of personal information
22. Under the APP an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which Artisan Stone holds about them and to advise Artisan Stone of any perceived inaccuracy.
23. There are some exceptions to these rights set out in applicable legislation. You should refer to this legislation for further information on your rights.
24. To make a request to access or update any personal information please contact Artisan Stone in writing. You may be required to verify your identity and will be required to specify what information or correction you require. Artisan Stone may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, Artisan Stone will advise the likely cost in advance. If we cannot provide you with access to that information, we will provide you with written notice explaining the reasons for the inability.
Sending information overseas:
25. Artisan Stone will not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without:
a) obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or
b) otherwise complying with the APP or other applicable privacy legislation.
26. Artisan Stone may also store personal information in the ‘cloud’ which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
Enquiries and complaints
27. If you would like further information about the way Artisan Stone manages the personal information it holds, or wish to complain that you believe that Artisan Stone has breached the APP please contact our office during normal office hours.
28. Artisan Stone will investigate any complaint and will notify you of its decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable.
Artisan Stone Pty Ltd
Tel: 1300 301 898
96 Reserve Road, Artarmon NSW 2064